Marriage Compatibility is viewed essential for happy marital life. Astrological consultation is often sought by the love match as each one knows little about his soul mate. There are five essentials that every love match must know and follow.
1. Sun sign matching doesn’t work. Sun sign astrology is newspaper astrology invented in 1930. Based on birth month, all humans are divided in twelve zodiac signs; Aries, Taurus, Gemini, Cancer, Leo, Virgo, Libra, Scorpio, Sagittarius, Capricorn, Aquarius and Pisces. Then there are rules for mutual birth sign match of soul mates. This simplistic picture doesn’t work.
2. Venus and Mars (also known as Kuja Dosha or Mangalik) positions in the horoscope are not the only determinant. Lot of attention is paid to the position of these two planets in the horoscopes. But it is important to remember that other planet positions like that of Jupiter, Saturn, Sun, Moon, Mercury, Rahu and Ketu in Indian astrology also play an equally important role.
3. Seventh house is not the only important house for marriage compatibility. While seventh house in a horoscope signifies marriage, other houses like eighth, second, twelfth and sixth are also important for marriage compatibility. Eighth denotes longevity of the soul mate, twelfth house signifies the bed room, sixth represents illness and second gives information about family happiness. Marriage compatibility should be summed from judging all the houses and their effects in the vedic horoscopes of the love match.
4. Timing of marriage should be carefully selected for a long lasting compatible marriage. Even if the horoscopes of the love match are matched carefully, if the marriage does not take place at an auspicious moment, then there will be obstacles in the marital life and happiness will be deceptive. It is essential to avoid inauspicious moments like rahukalam, sidereal sun in Sagittarius and Pisces, undesirable positions of malefics.
5. Consult a Vedic astrologer for Marriage Compatibility. An astrologer can guide by analyzing horoscopes of the love match by well-known Vedic astrology techniques, especially when the soul mates don’t know each other very well in the beginning. The technique involves matching twelve factors (also called Kutas) based on Janma Nakshatra (constellation) and Janma Rasi. The Indian Horoscope matching has been the backbone of successful arranged marriages in India.